Wednesday 8 June 2016

MECCA REPURCHASE

| | 0 comments

What's in the (beautiful pink and gold) goodie-bag?? 

My tried and true trusty favourites from Stila! 


The multi-coloured One Step Correct Primer and the flawless Stay All Day foundation! These two products were my first dip into the Stila pool, and it was a wonderful start. They smell amazing, almost citrus-y and glide onto your face smoothly. The primer is soothing and cool on your skin and it really helps to balance out your skin-tone, and the foundation and concealer bundle smooth out your skin and leave a flawless finish. 



And also, how cute is the packaging? Mecca in Australia have different packaging (as far as I am aware) compared to America, but this little foundation/concealer bundle is so cute, and look at the tiny brush! The American foundation is in a different package altogether, but the One Step Correct primer is the same iconic shape and colours! 


The One Step Correct Primer is the one primer that I used and loved and just never repurchased because I often wanted to try other products. While trying other products is great, it's also sometimes a waste of time and money, because once you find something that works exceptionally well, you should stick with it - and I live by that now! It's claim to fame is the fact it is an all-in-one product that is a skin-tone correcting and brightening serum which instantly colour corrects, brightens and covers skin imperfections in one go. It is a gel formula which glides onto and sinks into the skin, making it feel fresh and cool to touch, without clogging pores or settling into tiny wrinkles around my eyes! The green helps to neutralise the redness in my skin, while the lilac colour pulls out sallow undertones and the pinky colour helps to reduce dark spots in the skin (under-eye bags anyone?) whilst also brightening the overall complexion. I love this primer, whether it helps to prolong the longevity of my foundation I am yet to discover since I am an oily-skinned babe, but it definitely makes the foundation glide on smoothly and sit well on my skin therefore working as a beautiful base. Plus I can't get over the scent! 


The foundation is something I am truly in-love with. I tried tester after tester due to my sensitive and oily skin and they just astounded me with how long they lasted compared to other high-end and also low-end products! The scent is the same as that of the primer and it glides on smoothly for a flawless finish. You can achieve a full coverage look with this foundation with ease, but if you want something more day-time appropriate (or work appropriate for that matter) or something just slightly lighter, you can definitely apply this with a light-hand for a very minimal and low coverage look. It's claim to fame is it's "stay all day" power and in my opinion, it lasts very well! I can get at least 6-8 hours wear out of this foundation, where usually I can manage only 4-5 hours before the oil around my T-Zone eats the foundation away. It's other benefits are the fact it uses anti-aging oxygen technology to achieve flawless skin. Whether this product does anything for anti-aging is yet to be seen, but anything that helps with that process is obviously a bonus! This foundation comes with an additional creamy concealer inside the cap which is great for blemishes on the skin but in my opinion, does not work very well on dark under-eye circles as it settles into my fine lines and wrinkles. This is my now go-to foundation! 




Where to purchase?
Australia:
Mecca Cosmetica - Stay All Day Foundation AU$65.00
Mecca Cosmetica - One Step Correct Primer AU$54.00
America:
Sephora - Stay All Day Foundation US$40.00
Sephora - One Step Correct Primer US$36.00


Have you used this foundation and/or primer? What do you think? Leave your comments below! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

flawless features,
 
Twitter