Sunday 29 March 2015

THE WEEKEND

| | 0 comments
The past few weekends have been flying by - blink and you'll miss it - and this weekend is no different. It's Sunday afternoon and I have work tomorrow, but wanted to relax a little first, not that this weekend has been very busy or anything!



I started off the weekend with my makeup brushes, I find it such a chore to wash them and thank myself for not having many. I start off with good intentions and really keen to wash them, but without fail, I get halfway through and give up thinking what a good idea it was, until the end. How good are clean brushes? I can't even tell you. They are so soft and feel brand new, and as I use baby shampoo, they have that adorable clean, baby smell when you bring them up to your face! Can't go wrong. What do you use to clean your brushes? Have you tried baby shampoo? Let me know below


Dirty brushes, ready for a clean!
How gorgeous are these tulips though?!



Right now I am sitting on my bed, with treatment in my hair before I get into the bath to have a relaxing soak. I have been using and loving "Roots" from Lush as a hair treatment for a long time now and love it to bits. It is a treatment primarily for thin, fine hair which once washed out, gives your hair amaaazing volume and body! I have very thin, fine hair which does suck, but having found this treatment, sucks a little less! "Roots" has mint in it and smells minty and fresh, you know that it is working through your hair because it gently tingles your scalp. The Lush pot says it has 'three kinds of mint to stimulate the scalp and hair follicles, olive oil to give condition and strength, honey to soften and soothe and nettle absolute for shine.' It has orange oil, neroli and grapefruit oil as added scents which leaves you with a general feeling of content - amazing what scents can do to you.

"Roots" give this product a go if you have thin hair, you won't look back!

I also run coconut oil through the ends of my hair while "Roots" is worked through the top. Coconut oil is one of those things that everyone should have in their kitchen and bathroom. It is so nourishing, smells amazing, and leaves your hair and skin feeling so silky, soft and hydrated. I leave my hair up in a soft bun for half an hour while "Roots" and the coconut oil does it's magic, and then I jump into the bath or shower. I find this super relaxing, and my hair once washed and dried feels soft, bouncy and healthy, which is a good thing as I love colouring my hair! 


"Roots" and Coconut Oil in a messy, soft bun, working through to nourish my hair.

Have you used "Roots" before? Do you use coconut oil in your routine? Let me know what you think of these products below, and leave suggestions if you have any recommendations for other products similar to these! I'd love to hear from you, xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

flawless features,
 
Twitter