Wednesday 23 September 2015

PRIME TIME

| | 0 comments


I thought I would change up my routine and swap from my usual Stila One Step Correct Primer and try out the Bare Minerals "Prime Time" Primer as I had heard good things and seen loads of people using it. 

I decided against the neutralising formula and I semi-regret that decision as my skin does have a reddish tinge (ok, my cheeks are always flushed red, no matter what time of day it is unfortunately!) and the neutralising formula would have assisted with this issue I have but.. ANYWAY, I love this primer, the original (which I got) has a transparent colour and no real scent which I prefer in face products actually, especially as my skin is sensitive and can't handle overly perfumed products. 

The primer creates a smooth base for foundation application and it blurs out my fine lines around my eyes and forehead, excess oil and enlarged pores and really feels so soft and silky on your skin, especially to the touch. I sometimes get away with wearing this primer alone with some of my Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in light over the top, with a little bit of mascara and my eyebrows done for "no-makeup makeup days" or when I am in a rush for work / having a good skin day (will do a separate post for this).  I find when I wear this primer as a base, my foundation around my nose, cheeks and chin (t-zone) lasts so much longer than without, and as I work in an office environment from 8:30-5:30 a long-wearing foundation is an absolute must for me! 



Next time, I think I will purchase the neutralising formula as I think this will just add that extra coverage for my red cheeks for days where I don't want a full face of foundation (especially in summer). I won't and can't compare it to Stila as they are same-same but different too and I do have an absolute love of Stila products.
 
I would re-purchase though, absolutely. Bare Minerals has surprised me!
Have you used this primer or the neutralising one? What do you think?
Do you like Bare Minerals?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below xx 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

flawless features,
 
Twitter